TF1 “Support to standardisation and certification”
The role of TF1 within SaPPART is to promote the sharing of best practice, progress, on-going and up-coming works in terms of standardisation, certification and legislation activities. Members of TF1 liaise with relevant European standards and legislation fora.
The leader of task force 1 is Mr. Jesper Engdahl (Rapp Trans, Switzerland), and deputy leader Mr. Ola Martin Lykkja (Q-Free, Norway). Some 20 experts participate actively in the group, from academia, public authorities and the industrial sector.
The three main tasks of TF1 are:
- Standardisation and legislation gap analysis related to GNSS-based positioning used in ITS and personal mobility applications,
- Sharing of knowledge of current progress and upcoming works in terms of standards, certification and legislation,
- Actions and messages, on a need basis, to standardization groups and policy-making bodies.
Applications teams (RUC, C-ITS, eCall, ADAS, Tachograph…) support the works by focussed reports:
- Highlighting positioning aspects in regulations,
- Highlighting positioning aspects in standards,
- Highlighting events and developments,
- Identification of gaps,
- Proposing actions and messages to standardization groups and policy making bodies, which are summarised and followed up, by means of management tables.